Sunday, June 7, 2009

The roller coaster ride.

During this time we stayed in the Ronald McDonald House. Which I must say, "If you ever have extra money that you want to donate, this would be a great place to donate to." Anyway there I was, 3weeks after giving birth to my first son and trying to make since of this whole new world I was placed in. The day had finally arrived for him to have his surgery and I was so scared for my little guys life. My whole family, from both my side and Billy's side were there for support. I thank God for that everyday. Waiting for him to come out of surgery I felt so sick to my stomach. Billy was so quiet, but I could see the pain in his eyes and I just wanted to take it away. When they told us he was off the bypass we all shed a tear and a sigh of relief. Not to much longer they wheeled him by us. As they were pushing him towards us I could hear his little heartbeat on the monitor. There he was, 3 weeks old and had just had open heart surgery. He looked a little pale to me but I knew he was going to make it. Such a strong little boy!

Waiting for surgery to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers